Hypnosis and ADD/ADHD
Do you or your child or loved one frequently appear to?
- Have decreased attention span when listening while others are talking regularly interrupt conversations of others;
- Spend hours doing an activity that might take someone else 30 minutes to complete;
- Normally remember only the last one or two items on a list, when given a list of tasks;
- Demonstrate anti-social behavior - negative behaviors;
- Become easily angered when frustration hits.
These above are just a few symptoms of ADD/ADHD.
If you expect you or a family member have these symptoms - your doctor or Neurologist can administer a test to identify if you or your child, have Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Hypnosis has been proven to be very successful in treating ADD/ADHD. Many parents complain that medications often seem to create undesirable side effects; hypnosis is a wellness tool without adverse consequences or requiring medication. The subconscious mind has control over your automatic functions and habits; in hypnosis, the conscious "chatter mind" can be quieted and beneficial suggestions can be given at the subconscious level where desirable changes are made. Because hypnosis is explained to a child by a professional hypnotist, at their level of understanding, they feel very safe in a professional, trusting environment. The child becomes thrilled that they get to put new pieces together bringing forth positive transformation in his/her life. The new, desirable changes benefit both the child and their family.
Powerful benefits of hypnosis for treatment of ADD / ADHD:
- Positive attitude and self-talk and enhanced self-confidence
- More comfortable with life changes
- Better habits, organizational skills and raised academic scores
- Improving child's behavior at home and school
- Advanced concentration and attention to details
- Reduced stress or controlled frustration; the child is easier to live with
- Improved working relationships
- Decreased or eliminated medications
- Enjoying life. The individual is happier as they have a favorable perception of what their future holds for them.
When working with children and teens, I have found Parent and family assistance is needed for reinforcement and carryover in between our hypnosis sessions. Diminishing your child's sugar intake is vital; eating natural foods vs. processed and dyed foods is also beneficial. Family support - encouragement is essential for your child's health and success.
Polly Humphreys, Certified Consulting Hypnotist and HypnoCoach™ at Alternative Wellness & Beyond is ALWAYS committed to helping individuals make desired changes become a reality. To discuss how you OR your child can create success via hypnosis; contact Polly @ one of her two offices:
- Greensboro - Greater Triad area: (828)-504-2003; OR
- Boone, NC - Avery, Watauga or Ashe - Western NC Areas: 828-504-2003.